Tuesday, December 24, 2013

All I Want For Christmas ...

... is 5 days off from work to sew.

Ba-da-BING! Wish granted. :-)

Yep, our office is officially closed until Monday. Can I get a woohoooooo?

Our "deal" was that instead of leaving early on Christmas Eve (today), we'd have the Thursday and Friday afterward off. (Personally, I love that deal!) But someone must've dipped into the Elf Juice early because at 10:00 a.m., word came around that the office was now closed and we could go home until Monday. Can I get another woohoooooo?

So, what's a sewing girl with some extra Christmas bonus cash to do? Well, I thought about stopping in at Joann's ... I do need those buttons to cover to finish Ms. Moneypenny ... but I quickly put that store out of my mind since it's right across the street from the Mall ... a place I strive to avoid most of the time anyway, but especially in December, and ALWAYS on December 24. Ms. Moneypenny will have to wait a little longer.

And then I remembered a free pattern download I wanted to try before I buy a for-sale pattern. Enter the Skinny B*tch Curvy Chick Tonic Tee (hey, I didn't name the company and really, I'm not offended at all, but some of you may be, hence the asterisk).

I really like the Mimosa but since there's a free tester and I have some free time, I thought I'd give the Tonic a whirl first. Then I'll feel better about parting with some cash (and tape) for the Mimosa.

I'll let you know what I think ... but I have to mention that before even starting, I had a little problem with downloading and Betsy, the designer/owner of SBCC, answered my email within an hour. And on Christmas Eve! Nice!

I've since printed and taped the PDF pattern and have my TNT laid on top. It looks very promising.


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope Santa brings you everything on your list.I might be doing a little online fabric browsing shopping tonight while Rudolph makes his rounds.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for this posy! I had not heard of SBCC patterns before and at 5 ft nothing tall, clothes designed for smaller people without the hours of shortening each pattern piece really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Days off work, sewing lined up, and bonus cash in your pocket ~ life is looking good!!! Enjoy yourself fully, and I hope you are on Santa's 'good-list' ... J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a productive sewcation lined up. Have fun. And Wooohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, started with the Tonic Tee, and then happily fell right down that slippery slope to the jacket, dresses, etc.! I'm 5'2". Love this tee, and love all the other patterns I happily purchased.

    Merry Christmas, Debbie! So glad your year ended on a high note!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Debbie, have a wonderful sewing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a hard time downloading last week, too but finally got it to work by switching browsers for the dl. Nice that she reasoned so quickly. I plan to overlay favorite Ottobre before I cut but no sewing here...houseguests soon! Looking forward to your results. Woohoo for you, enjoy and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, responded, not reasoned. Not so smart phone swype fail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time off for you is great for us, because we get to see what you make!! But if it turns out that the spirit moves you to spend your time differently, that will be wonderful as well. Looking forward to seeing how that tee works for you. I went and downloaded it and hope to test it out myself soon.

    I also wanted to tell you that I've been making your wonderful fleece sock pattern again this year for gifts. It is just the best. After about 15 pairs, I'm a little burnt out on it right now, but thank you sooo much for that terrific pattern! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where can I purchase the OOH RAH Wallet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aloha from Josie
    Thanks for sharing. So happy for you. I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful time off you have planned. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay on getting to leave on Christmas Eve early! It's my first week off at Christmas since 1998 and I'm loving it! I go back to work on Monday with you. Merry Christmas Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas! I'm so glad you have some days to sew because I remember how much those sewing days meant to me when I was teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you an absolutely fabulous sewcation and all the best in 2014. May all your sewing wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am green with envy. And to think I was happy with a Christmas eve off! Enjoy the unexpected gift of time, one of the best anyone could ever recieve. I am looking forward to another of your honest reviews!Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.